Have you always dreamed of a beautiful beach wedding but ruled it out because of one thing or another – weather worries, expenses, the thought of trying to get all your family abroad?
What if we told you that having that barefoot beach wedding right here in the UK was way easier than you first thought…?
Trust us when we say that you really can take your first steps as newlyweds on soft white sand, toast with your friends and family against a stunning seascape backdrop, have a post-ceremony surf and dance the night away under the stars right here in our privately-owned Cornish cove.
Here are the answers to our most popular FAQs, which should explain why your perfect day at Britain’s Best Beach is closer than you think…
- You can fly here! Newquay Airport is just 20-minutes from our little cove, so your guests can literally wake up at home, hop on a flight and be here within the hour if they wish! Newquay is also serviced by train links and is easily accessible by car, so everybody can join you for your special day no matter their travel preferences.
- Our little cove looks like a tropical paradise when the sun’s shining and it becomes even more dramatic when a storm rolls through, but our beachside marquee means guaranteed sea views no matter the weather! So, no need to worry about the odd rain shower or getting too much sun, our shelter is the most picturesque of them all.
- Worried about how much it’s going to cost? We promise that there is a type of wedding to suit every beach-loving couple. Beach hut elopements, stunning ceremonies, or hiring the entire beach for your celebrations – no matter your vision we’re here to make your dreams come true.
- What could be a more stunning setting for those wedding photos than the Atlantic Ocean? Good news – having the beach as your backdrop for your day means there’s no need to fork out on decorations!
- Our Weddings Team go above and beyond to make your day utterly unforgettable. From the very first meeting to making sure everything is in place for when you walk down the aisle, nothing is ever too much. You’ll be in safe hands with Lisa, Naomi and Lauren!
- We have two stunning properties right on the beach (The Cottage and The Chalet), which are perfect for bridal parties to get ready and for newlyweds to stay and enjoy their celebrations a little longer. We’re also only a short hop from Newquay’s centre with lots of accommodation for guests ranging across boutique B&Bs, 5* luxury hotels, glamping and more – so there’s room for everyone nearby!
- We provide all the catering, so all you have to do is pick your favourite dishes! Cornwall is renowned for its unique food and drink with our in-house caterers sourcing the very best artisan gins and ciders, prosecco, cheeses, and pasties (of course!) all from local sources.
- It’s not just the food that Cornwall’s famous for. Musicians, photographers, caricaturists, florists, cake makers – you name it, we can recommend a whole range of fabulous and talented local suppliers to add those finishing flourishes to your special day.
- You may have heard that the only access to our little cove is down 133 steps that are carved into the cliff. It’s true, but there are some options if there are a few guests in your party with accessibility issues. Get in touch if you’d like to know more.
- We’ve saved the best until last…we’re a completely dog-friendly wedding venue! No need to arrange a dog passport or have to send them to the kennels for the week, they can join in the celebrations with you.
With picture-perfect views, a laidback coastal vibe and reputation for stunning ceremonies, it’s no wonder we’ve been crowned Britain’s Best Beach by The Sunday Times and the UK’s Best Coastal Wedding Venue! But seeing is believing – and we guarantee that you’ll fall in love with our little cove as soon as you look out from the top of the steps.
So, why not book a free tour with our Weddings Team? We’d love to meet you, answer any other questions you might have and start discussing your dream day! Get in touch with us here.
See you on the sand!
Lisa, Naomi & Lauren x